Post Partum Illness

The main reason why I was unable to write is because I caught a terrible cold. It was one of those colds that last for two weeks. It started with a sore throat, then chills, then a runny nose, and finally the worst part, the cough. The cough part lasts the longest unfortunately. So, I was exhausted from staying up all night with my newborn, sore from just giving birth, and hacking my lungs out all at the same time. I didn't get out much. I think of it as God's way of making me slow down and recover from child birth.

Just as the coughing was beginning to stop, I caught the stomach virus. I did not throw up, but had trouble the other way if you know what I mean. Then my son sat in my bed one morning crying and then threw up right next to me. My husband happened to be at the gym. I think I had three hours sleep the night before being up with Aron. I gave up by then. Cleaned up my two year old, washed my sheets, then back to my feeding, burping, pooping routine with my newborn. My poor little two year old was sick for three days. Then my daughter kept complaining about a lot of spit in her mouth. Two minutes later she was running to the bathroom to throw up. She was sick for four days and missed preschool.

Finally, we got through all of the illness. I went to the mall three days in a row and had the most fun I've had in a year. I hung out with my three kids. I really enjoyed spending time with them and realize that having three kids is such a blessing. With each child your love grows bigger, for love never runs out. You can have 10 kids and your heart will grow big enough for each one. I love having my three kids and have no regrets. The nine months of pain was worth it.

Comments

melissaclee said…
I'm so glad everyone is feeling better now. Sariah and I are now getting over the cold virus, I caught it from Sariah. I think she may have caught it from a child at the play date we went on.

Did Aron get sick at all? I don't know how you were able to take care of sick children, a newborn and your self soon after giving birth! I don't think I could have done it.
That sounded like a nightmare and you sounded like a super mom. Bravo!

I really hate it when that kinds of viruses attacked. It takes a long time to heal.

But I'm glad that you and you loved ones are ok now. They should be cherished. Take a lot of photos at every opportunity that you get. Even better film them. It'll make you smile one day.

Dot at Pregnancy Website.
Mahi said…
Your blog is amongst the ones with good content. The potentials of your writing skills could be used to exploit the opportunities to earn while you write. This could empower you to make money while writing blogs in your free time.

Your Niche is good and could bring you more readership. It could be used for Niche Building for advertisers.

Try looking for ways to monetize your blog too. You can do paid reviews for advertisers, its been the newest and most effective mode of online advertising and brand promotion used by millions of advertisers. Even You can use this service to promote your own blogs and get free backlinks.

This will improve your blog rankings and let you earn money from your blog.

A unique way of earning in your free time writing your favourite blog offered by BlogCytes

I have no personal gains in Blogcytes advertising services and it is just my suggestion as i find good potential in your blog.

Good Luck !!!
EMR said…
I was also caught by cold 3 times in last 4 months and the worst part was the cough.
ketty said…
Hi,

As I read through your website, it is clear that you share the same passion for health informatics, as we do here, at Hospital.com. Our health resources have been mentioned by www.cdc.com, www.nlm.gov, www.aids.gov, www.loc.gov, and www.panndemicflu.gov. Now we are offering them to you. We have categorized all the helpful hospital resource in one tab.

Hospital.com not only offers an in depth listing of health resources, we are also a non profit news outlet, which provides information on hospitals and clinical organizations through articles, videos, and interviews; conducted by on-site journalists.

I will send the html code for the resources at your request. I appreciate your dedication to your site.
Please email me back with subject line of your Url.

Thank you,
Katty.
Find weight loss surgery (obesity surgery) clinics & hospitals throughout the UK and book a consultation.
pharmacy said…
Mom.. This word best suits you. Thanks for sharing with us this wonderful article and your writing on it was the best.
Johny said…
I am really glad everyone is ok now.
What I understood about the virus is that if you will not treat it immediately- it can be worst.
I was sick about 4 months and it was so so difficult to treat it. Then I was prescribed antibiotics for about 5 days and i was OK in just 10 days.Like a miracle ))
Be healthy.
Regards.

Popular posts from this blog

Husband's Guide to Surviving the Ninth Month

Menstrual Like Cramps in the Ninth Month

Heartburn and Pregnancy